Paintbrush in Speedgrader - Default Accept

I've moved to grading with a drawing tablet. The painting tool is nice to be able to draw on the student submissions, but it is annoying to have to tap the "checkmark" button each time I draw something. It would be nice if the default were to "keep" the drawing, and then I could delete it if I make a mistake. That would make things much faster.

3 Comments
checkma
Community Participant

This annoyance is why I eventually changed to the Point Annotation Tool (which isn't perfect, because it doesn't seem to support MathJax or any reasonable math notation).

(I'm also proposing that DocViewer's Annotation Tool default to the last one you used ("DocViewer: Make the default Annotation Tool the last one you used"); currently, when you go from student to student, it resets to the Selection Tool. That fix can probably be done at the same time as yours.)

pknapp
Community Member

I would agree - that would be more efficient. Another problem I've had is that when using the pen/tablet, the placement is very inaccurate. I don't have this problem drawing in Word, on a PDF, etc. - only in the speed grader brush tool. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.