Parent App Feature Requests

0 Likes

I got some valuable feedback from a parent who would love to see 2 updates made...

1. Add a legend to the app & website for each icon.

2. Add sort by due date ability to the app.

Anyone find any previous ideas on these items? I didn’t see any in my initial search?

Thanks in advance!

Tags (3)
5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @jayoder! 👋

I think including a key or legend for the different icons would be awesome for all users (or at least observers and students). I often refer observers to these lessons: How do I view the Grades page for a student as an observer? How do I use the icons and colors in the Grades page? 

Wouldn't it be great to have it under account as a reference?

When you talk about your date sort, do you think it would be helpful if families had the ability to sort by name (ascending/descending) and also by date (ascending/descending)? I think providing filtering options would be helpful! What about a search feature like students?

You have good ideas here, but I think we need to split them into two separate conversations. That way, we can really focus on developing them separately. 🎉

jayoder
Community Participant

Hi Kristen,

I literally just copied and pasted from the parent email since they were having trouble signing on to do it themselves. Hopefully I'll have time over the holidays to go back in and separate those once we get through all THIS haha...but at lease I got the party started! 

Thanks for your response!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@jayoder I wanted to come back to you on this; with new sessions starting, this might not be the best time 🙂 but I wonder if you could take a moment to split this into two separate ideas so we can move them forward as individual conversations? Thanks, and great to 'see' you!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived