New Quizzes: Partial Credit for Matching Questions

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

In new quizzes, there needs to be the ability to award partial credit for matching questions. At the current moment, it is either all or nothing. I know you can "fudge" points at the end, but we need the ability to make each matching item worth points. 

337 Comments
dsedia
Community Member

It is. I had to recently re-score a quiz manually and spent a great deal of time doing so. I also do not understand how item banks cannot be connected to previously made ones with the previous version of quizzes.

susie_tattersha
Community Novice

I wish someone from Canvas would respond to this thread.It's been two years that people have been talking about this and still nothing has changed. I will not use quizzes next until this all or nothing feature for matching is fixed. I feel like Canvas doesn't read this. There are a lot of strong feelings about this and yet there has been no response.

lthompson2
Community Participant

I was told by Priority Services in October that this feature would be available in approximately 4 months.  When I checked in with them this week for a status update, I was told it'd be on next month's update.  I don't know if that means they announce it next month, though, or if it'll actually be working next month.

susie_tattersha
Community Novice

Are you from Canvas? 

lthompson2
Community Participant

I am not.  This is based on communications I got from Canvas.

GideonWilliams
Community Champion

Thanks lthomp84 and  @susie_tattersha 

Why can't Canvas share this information here? This is incredibly frustrating for all those desperate to see an improvement with the Quiz tools for the sake of their colleagues..

susie_tattersha
Community Novice

Why are we still voting on this? I haven't seen any other thread that has people as irate as partial credit thread. 

lthompson2
Community Participant

I agree.  The way they've handled this is incredibly frustrating.  Every time I've complained/asked for a timeline, etc., they tell me this is something they hear about all the time, but yet nothing seems to get done, and they don't communicate anything.  When I complained on their fall survey about it and they then emailed me in response, their suggestion to me was to just come here and vote for this idea, which was frustrating, as I had the first comment on here, so clearly I'm aware of this idea, and despite all this time, they still haven't fixed the issue or communicated about it.  This is a great tool but the functionality of using it/grading, especially after all this time, is going to make it incredibly difficult to persuade teachers to use it once/if we get partial credit.

timothy_maw
Community Champion

It feels like this on a lot of issues honestly. I mean look at some of the ideas that have thousands of votes, hundreds of comments, and have been around for over FOUR years and yet nothing has been addressed, not really. So many things that seem like no brainers that people say they need and then something else becomes a priority. It is frustrating.

timothy_maw
Community Champion

Have you seen some of the other ideas that have been around for years and have thousands of votes and hundreds of comments that are still open for vote? It makes little sense but more and more it's hard to feel like you are being heard especially on the community.