[New Quizzes] Partial Credit for "Matching", "Categorization", and "Sorting" question types in Quizzes.Next tool

Comments from Instructure

The  Canvas Release Notes (2022-01-15) includes partial credit options for matching questions in New Quizzes. Please refer to  New Quizzes: Partial Credit for Matching Questions .

The Quizzes.Next assignment questions type "Categorization", "Matching", and "Sorting" currently don't allow for partial credit to be given.  In order to pacify my students and to give credit were credit is due I'm currently manually adjusting the scores on these questions. Very tedious!

Thus, I would appreciate if the Canvas team would add the option for partial credit to added to these three assignment question types.

E.G.:
if a question has 2 categories and a total of 10 points, a student that would answers one of the two categories correctly would get 5 points.
if a "Sorting" question has 5 sort items and 10 points overall, a student that sorts 3 out of the 5 items correctly would receive 6 points (3/5*10)

if a "Matching" question has 3 items and 10 points overall, a student that would get 2 out of the 3 items matched correctly would receive 6.67 points (2/3 * 10)

PS: this link brings you to the Canvas FAQ page that documents the current status of this issue:
https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12076#jive_content_id_Is_there_partial_points_grading_for_i... 

Added to Theme

Build dynamic question types Theme Status: Identified

202 Comments
NoviaNafilah
Community Member

I vote

imaabwa
Community Novice

thanx for sharing this consent, it will help a lot so we don't have to give point manually. i support it all the way

FikriAzisMakrus
Community Member

i agree

TataKoswara
Community Member

Yes, I agree. We need it

ArliMaulana
Community Member

I agree with this idea since I need it for scoring my students' assignments

Lisdaromdani
Community Novice

good!

AangSuhendar
Community Member

Thanks for your great idea. 

KathiG
Community Novice

Yes please - I need to offer partial credit for a graduated option of answers for accountability. Please make this available.

isona
Community Novice

Not having partial credit as an option for these question types is keeping many teachers from making the full transition to new quizzes. 

rnewton5
Community Participant

Partial credit for matching and ordering would be very helpful!

Don't want to transition to new quizzes until they're operational.