[Assignments] Pause while Media Recording

I love the media recording submissions. I just wish there was an option to pause rather than stop and rerecord.

I do simulated conversations in my World Language classroom. I would like them to pause while they are listening to the questions, repeats, pauses and beeps before they are supposed to record. Then I wouldn't have to listen to all that or skip to certain time markers while I grade; I could just listen straight through to their speech only.

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

montgomery1
Community Participant

I agree! I re-recorded a media comment 8 times today. A pause button would be a great feature to have. During my last media comment, my phone alarm went off - I wish I could have paused my comment to turn my phone off!

mjones14
Community Explorer

Faculty at my institution would like to begin using the SpeedGrader Media Comment - Record Media Option; however, we noticed that it does not include a "pause" feature for recording (like Canvas Studio or Zoom). We are suggesting that a pause feature be added to the Record/Upload Media Comment - Record Media tab to help faculty make longer recordings. Thank you.

LB23
Community Novice

I also need a pause button in order for the audio feedback option to work. Turnitin has a pause button that works well, but there is a 3-minute limit to recordings.

jspengl
Community Novice

Yes!  I would like to use media comments for longer feedback; however, without a pause button, I just use it for short messages.  

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme