Pear Deck

Pear Deck is a tool that allows each student in a class to connect to an interactive presentation on any device, answer questions, etc. How does Pear Deck Work? - YouTube 

We license Pear Deck in my school district with the primary aim of making teacher-driven presentations engaging, interactive, and formative in their design and delivery.

A LTI integration with Canvas would allow teachers to easily embed via RCE and/or create external tool module items or assignments leveraging their presentation decks from Pear Deck. 

This integration would allow teachers to drive more and more synchronous (and asynchronous) learning experiences through Canvas, to the furtherance of our blended learning and Canvas implementation goals.

Google Classroom currently supports a Pear Deck LTI, just FYI.

Pear Deck logo

9 Comments
tdelillo
Community Champion

Have you talked to Pear Deck about building an integration with Canvas? Is the issue that an integration doesn't exist, or that Pear Deck is saying Canvas needs to change something to allow their integration?

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi Stephen:

I notice that you have this integration request posted to the https://community.canvaslms.com/community/ideas/integrations?sr=search&searchId=c16c09e0-1136-4fad-b...‌ page, so not much more to say except that I am going to go check out this product.

Kelley

ssimpso4
Community Contributor

Reply from Pear Deck rep: 

We love the idea of an LTI integration w/ Canvas (and Schoology), but it's not on our short term roadmap.  Our current top product priority is maximizing the Slides Add-On.  Thanks again for sharing your request, hearing from our most important customers is the number one way we shape our roadmap. 

holt
Community Novice

How about making a possibility for a takeaway into canvas like we now do in the googledisc? I have actually been thinking about using peardeck as a graded test.

I love peardeck. But the best for my school would be a full integration with canvas. And the answers should be stored in  canvas. 

laqueshad_wilki
Community Novice

Pear Deck is a useful resource. It enabled me to share presentations and students can collaborate in real time. Students can interact and work is automatically saved in Google Drive. It allows my students to engage with a more active learning experience. This makes instruction more equitable. Answers can be displayed anonymously, which allows each student to have a voice, building student motivation. 

sstevens0249
Community Novice

One hack I found is to take the student paced url and create an iframe and then embed the code into my assignment box or page.

kbulman
Community Explorer

Thank you so much for this "hack." It totally worked for me! I don't have much experience with coding, but was able to use the following example code to copy and paste the self-paced student link from PearDeck as you described. Such a game changer. Thank you for the awesome tip, Sarah! 

<iframe src="demo_iframe.htm" height="400" width="800" title="Iframe Example"></iframe>

ssimpso4
Community Contributor
Status changed to: Open

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Thank you for sharing this idea with the Instructure Community!

The Product Team reviewed all feature proposals recently, and unfortunately, this thread was identified as one that they would not be able to include in their current or future plans. While we appreciate your proposal, we also want to be transparent about the likelihood of something like this making it to production.

Thank you for collaborating, and we hope that you submit another idea in the future!