Peer Review Grading Tool

(11)

Wouldn't it be great if only Canvas could automatically compile peer reviews and post to the gradebook? At the moment, it seems that we have to manually go through each submitted rubric in order to assess an average grade. 

8 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@tud52295  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Please read through the long-running conversation underway at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1933-assigning-grades-for-peer-reviews and add your observations to the thread. We've archived this one to keep the discussion unified in one spot and remove the potential for duplication.

Thanks, Paul. Stay safe, and stay well. Smiley Happy 

tud52295
Community Member

Hi Stefanie,

Thanks for this but I’m not sure this thread is in line with what I was suggesting/requesting.
To clarify, what I was talking about was using the peer reviews as the basis for grading each student. Currently, if we want to do this, we have to manually average all of the peer reviews for each student (see attachment) in order to arrive at a final grade. My request is that Canvas automatically does this for us. This is more of a Canvas coding/programming issue rather than how to use peer reviews in a course.
Do you see what I mean now?
353814_pastedImage_1.png
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for that great clarification,  @tud52295 ‌. We've moved this idea forward for general discussion.

RobDitto
Community Champion

Voted! For our institution, the preferred implementation would be as an instructor-selectable option to connect peer review assessments to grading (or not).

lcunningham
Community Explorer

Agreed, we would also like to see this as a new feature as it would save our faculty a lot of time calculating this manually.

a1063023
Community Explorer

It is critical that improvements to moderated grading also incorporate it being used for group assignments as well.

DeletedUser
Not applicable

Yea!  It's highly unusual that the teacher's version of the rubric adds up automatically but the student's version doesn't...

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.