cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture submission using camera

Picture submission using camera

0 Kudos
(4)

Can canvas please provide an easy way for my first graders to submit a photo of their work? All we want is for a camera option to appear and students be able to take a photo right there and submit in the web browser application. Video appears why can’t camera be added? It would make submitting assignments so much easier for my first graders and all elementary students.

4 Comments
Surveyor

This is exactly my suggestion as well. For elementary age students the multistep directions for submitting is causing me as a teacher to be IT support rather than focusing on looking at what students can do with their brain. Please create this as a submission type so students who do not have phones or tablets, are able to upload media easier. 

Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open for Conversation

Surveyor

Please create the submission type as a Camera option. This will be easier for students and parents in the K-12 environment. 

Surveyor

I was exactly what I came here to suggest. I am teaching 4th grade online. They all have cameras on their devices, but it has been a nightmare how to snap a picture of handwritten work and then finding the correct file to upload. Especially when there are so many different devices being used. I spent more time teaching computer navigation than core content. Please, please, please add this asap!