[Assignments] Place in Module when Assignment Created

When an Assignment is created, it would be beneficial to be able to have a drop-down menu to select a Module to place the assignment in. This could work as the assignment category. 

After creating an Assignment then having to go back and add it to the Module and be time-consuming.

7 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

aprice115
Community Member

YES!  This would save me so many clicks and so much time.  PLEASE!

dosborne1
Community Member

I like the creation and edition assignments options we currently have but...

I have created many assignments that are great but then I forget to add them to the module until my students tell me they cannot find it, after a due date has passed:-).  Grrrr. 

I can chalk it up to old age I guess but I am also teaching 6 preps and I simply don't have a lot of time and I just don't remember that added step of putting it into the module.  

IF WE COULD HAVE A DROP DOWN BOX OF OUR MODULES UNDER THE ASSIGNMENTS GROUP BOX ON THE ASSIGNMENT CREATION/EDIT WINDOW IT WOULD BE SO HELPFUL AND TIME SAVING.  This is one more thing that Canvas could do that kicks the butt of Moodle. 

dosborne1
Community Member

This is great!  You could even have a check box option, to disable if necessary, for those that do not use modules.

mayaatfcs
Community Explorer

It would be nice to associate assignments with a module when they are created. Instead, today I have to either go to the specific module under modules section and then add the assignment there or move the assignment I created elsewhere (my preferred place to create assignments is the calendar) to the respective module. I'd like to add/create the assignment on the calendar page so it automatically fills in the due date.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme