Post-Login LTI Hook

0 Likes

It would be useful to have a LTI hook immediately post-login, so that customers will be able to add actions that should be triggered just after a user logs in.

Example: After authentication, check the user's Canvas roles and perform custom actions based on that.

Tags (2)
4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @_Candice_ -

Canvas does not have a Web Hook that will check users' information once they log in. Are you looking for Federated Attributes? Could you describe what you're looking for in a little more detail? (I'll then collaborate with someone from Support to make sure I understand the technicalities involved with this request.)

How do I configure third-party authentication prov... - Instructure Community

_Candice_
Community Member

Hi KristinL,

It just has to be a hook where an LTI can be triggered after login, and we can write our own LTI tool (attached to that hook) to check users' roles and take the necessary action.

The context for this is the response from the development team regarding our question on whether we can trigger our own LTI tool immediately after user login:

This wouldn't work due to the way that Canvas launches LTIs. There are no hooks post-login to redirect to an LTI or force the launch of an LTI.

Hope that clarifies.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.