[Announcements] Post announcements in multiple courses at once

I would like to see a feature in Canvas that allows you to create an announcement then choose multiple courses  in which you would like to see the announcement posted.  The current process is time consuming and tedious; you create the announcement then open each course and copy and paste it into each separately.

Note from the Community Team: We are aligning this with a very similar idea, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/2703-common-announcement-to-all-my-classes

Added to Theme

Simplify bulk course tasks Theme Status: Identified

72 Comments
DanielbSmith
Community Member

I teach multiple different courses with different sections and would love to have this feature. There are just so many announcements that need to go to every student or to students enrolled in multiple courses that I teach that I'm shocked it wasn't built-in by default. The current workaround of copy/paste is tedious at best. This would be a nice quality of life improvement. 

LParker21
Community Explorer

Bummed this is not a feature.

ChristineAhern
Community Explorer

We would love to have this feature available. We have weekly online meetings that students in multiple classes (but not all) can join. Right now, it's onerous to have to post separate announcements in each course. It would be much easier to select the courses that our announcement pertains to and only send once. Thanks!

oinge
Community Member

Adding my vote; please enable this feature for teachers!

auld_a
Community Novice

This is a needed tool!

slbergh
Community Participant

I would also like to see this ability to post announcements to multiple unrelated courses simultaneously. Mine are separate courses and also include a non-credit organizational shell. There are times that I need to be able to cross-post an announcement (upcoming opportunity, I have to cancel class, etc.) without having to go into Copy To... multiple times. 

ThomasGillen
Community Member

I would really like to see this feature added to Canvas also.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

slbergh
Community Participant
Problem statement:

I make frequent use of the announcements in my Canvas courses and sites. Occasionally, I have an announcement that needs to be posted in all of them (on-campus speakers, if I need to be gone, etc.). I love that I'm able to create an announcement and Copy To... another course. As it is now, I have to copy to one course, then X out of that dialog and copy to another course, then X out and copy to... You get the idea. I generally teach 3-4 courses a semester, plus I oversee at least one Canvas site.

Proposed solution:

I would like to be able to choose multiple courses/sites to copy to. While it doesn't take long the way it's done now, I have to scroll through the list of courses/sites that I've created and joined each time I need to find the next course to copy to. It would be much more efficient to allow an announcement to be copied to multiple courses at once.

User role(s):

instructor