Preview Button for Rich Content Editor Content

0 Likes
(1)

Hi everyone!

I hope that Canvas would look into having a Preview button on every page, assignment, announcement, discussion, and quizzes before publishing. It would help us have the perspective view of the content created in the Rich Content Editor in the browser.

Thank you.

10 Comments
afoote
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

@rlcarballo,

As an instructor, you can access Student View from most areas of the course including: Home, Modules, Assignments, Announcements, Discussions, Quizzes, Pages, Syllabus, and Outcomes. To view features as a student, click the Student View button on each page.

For more information, please visit How do I view a course as a test student using Student View?

If this is not what you are looking for, please let us know.

Best wishes,

Alli

rlcarballo
Community Explorer
Author

Hi @afoote 

I wish that canvas could have a preview while he is editing in the Rich Content Editor. A user can quickly check if he is doing aesthetically appealing or appropriate design on the page he is working on.

daniela
Community Participant

Hi @afoote 

I too have this suggestion and was going to submit a feature request!

A 'preview page content' feature would work vastly different to the 'student view' feature. If I'm not mistaken, I think @rlcarballo means the option of being able to preview the page/content that you are editing prior to saving. As you know, editing in the RCE looks very different to when the content is saved. Having the ability to preview live whilst you are coding/editing would save so much time as opposed to edit/save/edit/save/edit/save until you get it just the way you want it. Continuously editing and saving just adds to the 'page history' which makes it more time consuming going through previous edits if ever you do need to revert back.

Therefore, a live preview option whilst editing/coding in the RCE/HTML editor would be very beneficial.

Many thanks,
Daniela

afoote
Community Team
Community Team

@rlcarballo and @daniela,

Thank you for the clarification. This idea is open for conversation. 

afoote
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

daniela
Community Participant

Thanks @afoote 

I couldn't locate it there. Do you have the direct link please?

rlcarballo
Community Explorer
Author

Thanks @afoote

daniela
Community Participant

Apologies @afoote I misunderstood and thought you meant the idea was open for conversation on a new page that was not this page!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.