Preview instructions for assignment

I Think it would be a handy feature if you could preview the assignment details,dates,instructions by hovering over the assignment listed in each module with the mouse. And even instructions under the module title/header. This would allow the teacher to keep the assignment and module titles short and clean looking and not so wordy.  Then the student would not have to open each assignment to get a glimpse of what work needs to be done.  

4 Comments
jcd11060
Community Member

Now that I'm using Canvas to teach online, I don't want students to be able to submit an assignment until a certain date but I DO WANT THEM TO BE ABLE TO REVIEW THE ENTIRE ASSIGNMENT AHEAD OF TIME.

If I limit availability, they can't "see" the entire assignment. I can not allow submissions for "Assignments" until I want them, but that becomes a management nightmare--I have to remember to set up submissions at the appropriate time. And that does not work for "Discussions." 

This is a particular problem because reading assignment links are included in my Discussions. It's absolutely essential that students be able to access those ahead of time to print them out when they have a printer available.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

GrietjeSchelvis
Community Novice

I would be handy to inform the students about the subject for a quiz. When I add an available from date they can not see my instruction untill this date. I want to be able to put the learning instruction all ready visible.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.