Printable / PDF-exportable quizzes

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas
The Quiz Build page provides quiz printing options. For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-08-21).

As an instructor, I want to be able to export a Canvas quiz as a PDF. This would enable me to easily print quizzes for the purpose of accommodation, for allowing a given student to take a quiz outside the timeframe established for the quiz for all other students, etc.

transferred from the old Community

Originally posted by: Pacific Union College admins

Special thanks for contributions from: Betsy Walker, John Louviere

Community Team Note: This idea remains open for voting. A virtually identical idea was moved forward for consideration in March: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/7285-exporting-quizzes-into-word-or-pdf-documents  Contrary to our customary practice, we are allowing both ideas to continue to move forward. Votes and feedback from both ideas will be evaluated.

341 Comments
maria_cullinane
Community Novice

I would like to provide another reason for the absolute necessity of being able to download a printable pdf version of a quiz. We need to show the external examiners the exam the students did, including the item bank questions without providing full access to the module on Canvas to external examiners. So we need to be able to send them a softcopy of the quiz that is presentable.

jhallal
Community Member

Are we able to now export quiz results where the students have uploaded an image? 

lewallat
Community Novice

It is a must to be able to print a Canvas produced quiz via a PDF or Word. Please correct this immediately. I am a new user as an instructor to canvas and find this as a serious defect.

smurphy12
Community Explorer

Hi, 

The ability to print and export both classic and new quizzes is critical for colleges whose accrediting bodies require them to be able to share that information. For example, CIDA is requiring all instructors to be able to export/print a copy of their assessments/quizzes both before and after a student takes the test. So in other words a blank with the answers and then 5-10 students completed quizzes along with the analysis. Right now it is being done by copying all and pasting into word. Which would not be bad if it were a  few tests, but each class requires 5-10 and there are more than 50 classes. Please PLEASE make this an ability in both old and new quizzes. Thank you.

jessi_nye
Community Novice

This feature would be a great addition to Canvas. This would also be beneficial for students without internet access. If a student is unable to access the quiz online, it can just be printed off and given to the student rather than having to re-create the quiz in order to print it.

kmccully
Community Member

This feedback was given in 2015, but I'm having the same problem in 2020. Is there a solution now? Or coming soon? Thank you!

tlima1
Community Novice

This seems a no brainer. Come on, Canvas people. Just add the dam thing already!

catinachap
Community Member

I agree that this a top priority.  

shustwit
Community Member

Why is this not a thing that already exists?

HarperJmsd
Community Member

Yes please! This would be awesome. It's not every day I need this but when I do, it would save me a LOT of time/thought/energy.