Printable / PDF-exportable quizzes

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas
The Quiz Build page provides quiz printing options. For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-08-21).

As an instructor, I want to be able to export a Canvas quiz as a PDF. This would enable me to easily print quizzes for the purpose of accommodation, for allowing a given student to take a quiz outside the timeframe established for the quiz for all other students, etc.

transferred from the old Community

Originally posted by: Pacific Union College admins

Special thanks for contributions from: Betsy Walker, John Louviere

Community Team Note: This idea remains open for voting. A virtually identical idea was moved forward for consideration in March: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/7285-exporting-quizzes-into-word-or-pdf-documents  Contrary to our customary practice, we are allowing both ideas to continue to move forward. Votes and feedback from both ideas will be evaluated.

341 Comments
NMerchy
Community Member

Yes please! There has been much chat at my school about how useful this would be.

Thank you.

KELLYEVANS
Community Member

This would be an excellent accommodation for students with an IEP or 504 who need printed tests/quizzes. 

Aeroed
Community Novice

This is a must have! The ability for instructors to keep records of the quizzes, as given, can be an important part of the record keeping for continues improvement. I see the need to be able to print the test without the correct answer or with the correct answer. 

VRY, Aeroed

griet_lust
Community Explorer

This feature would be a life-saver (and time-saver) for many teachers at my institution! There are always students that have pc-problems or that need a paper-version. 

jjacobs2
Community Member

This is needed. Especially for students with accommodations. 

rweber
Community Novice

Yes! Please! This is definitely needed. 

Joe7221
Community Novice

Helpful for students who have connectivity issues at home.

Estefania
Community Explorer

Yes! Many potential use cases for a printed quiz, as others have mentioned. 

FikriAzisMakrus
Community Member

i agree

TataKoswara
Community Member

I agree