Printable / PDF-exportable quizzes

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas
The Quiz Build page provides quiz printing options. For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-08-21).

As an instructor, I want to be able to export a Canvas quiz as a PDF. This would enable me to easily print quizzes for the purpose of accommodation, for allowing a given student to take a quiz outside the timeframe established for the quiz for all other students, etc.

transferred from the old Community

Originally posted by: Pacific Union College admins

Special thanks for contributions from: Betsy Walker, John Louviere

Community Team Note: This idea remains open for voting. A virtually identical idea was moved forward for consideration in March: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/7285-exporting-quizzes-into-word-or-pdf-documents  Contrary to our customary practice, we are allowing both ideas to continue to move forward. Votes and feedback from both ideas will be evaluated.

341 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

The Quiz Build page provides quiz printing options. For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-08-21).

kjl5881
Community Member

I have battles with the office of accessibility about this regularly.  Because this doesn't exist, I have to be ready to type out every quiz or exam separately for anyone requiring paper exams.  A print option would be lovely!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@kjl5881  This idea has been completed: the ability to print quizzes has been developed for New Quizzes, as detailed in  How do I print a quiz in New Quizzes? . Our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Classic Quizzes, which is scheduled for deprecation.

kjl5881
Community Member

@Stef_retired When is classic quizzes being deprecated?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
SpikeyU
Community Member

We used Adobe web forms in the past and use Pages by Apple as the text editor of choice. Ms Word does not like math heavy documents: the maths formulas do not want to show up! 
If you need pdf you can always print what you see as PDF. Often you can specify the page size and how it should be printed: I personally prefer one question per page, but the page is A5 for me.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme