Printable / PDF-exportable quizzes

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas
The Quiz Build page provides quiz printing options. For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-08-21).

As an instructor, I want to be able to export a Canvas quiz as a PDF. This would enable me to easily print quizzes for the purpose of accommodation, for allowing a given student to take a quiz outside the timeframe established for the quiz for all other students, etc.

transferred from the old Community

Originally posted by: Pacific Union College admins

Special thanks for contributions from: Betsy Walker, John Louviere

Community Team Note: This idea remains open for voting. A virtually identical idea was moved forward for consideration in March: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/7285-exporting-quizzes-into-word-or-pdf-documents  Contrary to our customary practice, we are allowing both ideas to continue to move forward. Votes and feedback from both ideas will be evaluated.

341 Comments
lse224
Community Champion

This is great. I was JUST able to tell a faculty member that this is on the Instructure agenda. This will be HUGE for our faculty.

ejackson
Community Champion

That will be a WONDERFUL thing! Smiley Happy

BradMoser
Community Contributor

Has there been any other conversations about Printing the quizzes from Canvas? I know there is a comment about this being on the radar but that was several months ago and I wanted to see if this is something we might seen soon? Deactivated user​ or  @mhintze ​ any updates on this feature?

jsparks
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello  @BradMoser  ,

We are investigating this feature for inclusion in the work on our Modern Quizzing Engine. Stay tuned for more details as that work in planned and starts in the future.

Jason

BradMoser
Community Contributor

Great! I am looking forward to this update of the modern quizzing engine.

shawn_buhrow
Community Novice

I would also be a vote yes for having a feature on Canvas that would allow us to print a copy of our quizzes. Most of what I would comment on or say regarding the need for this has already been written. Please consider getting this feature functional for us. It would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

QC99_tsilvius
Community Champion

Our teachers have been working with students in Canvas since September, 2015 and I've received about a dozen requests for exporting a quiz option for students without laptops in the classroom to students needing assessment accommodations such as taking the assessment on paper. Adding in a default Name and Date as a field in the header area of the export would be an added plus for the teacher and students.

jtrattner
Community Novice

Please make these printable.  We need this!  Especially when tech fails Smiley Happy

lse224
Community Champion

From what I've heard from Canvas, that will be included in the Modern Quizzing Engine which will be released in Fall 2016.

jsparks
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

I would like to clarify that printing is under consideration but is a complex problem to solve.  We do not have a set release timeline for the Modern Quizzing Engine at this time. We're working hard.