Printed Answers for Essay questions in NewQuizzes.

0 Likes
(1)

In New Quizzes, one can "Print key (With Answers)", but for Essay Questions it DOES NOT print the contents of the "Grading Notes", as expected. As a result, there is no difference between "Print key (With Answers)" and "Print Blank Quiz".

This is for an Examination, which needs externalling...

5 Comments
kroeninm
Community Champion

Hi @AlanRobertClark not sure this helps but when I did a test and went back through the release videos I found that the printing of the "results" of a quiz showed different information than the printing of the "blank quiz with answer key".

• The blank quiz with answer key available on the Build tab of the new quizzes shows some answers but excludes the feedback information from questions as well as the grading notes on essay questions.
  • If you go under the Moderate tab instead and select a specific attempt and then Print Results, the questions, how the student performed and the feedback and grading notes all appear on the printed results page.
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 1.57.46 PM.png

So if you could send a student's specific results to a grader in this way potentially.  But you might put in a feature request for Grading Notes to appear on the quiz+answer key as that makes a lot of sense if the other "answers" are there as it is the answer to that question.  

Melanie

AlanRobertClark
Community Explorer

(Try Again: First answer died...)

Thank you for your Reply, Melanie. The specific Use Case for me is slightly different, however, as I need to enable the External Examiner to moderate the examination before it is run. ie The External needs to see all the "Answers".

lbach
Community Participant

I also would prefer to have the answer key print the grading notes. In my labs this semester, we've used New Quizzes to form the lab assignments. Lab instructors would like to be able to easily check the suggested answer key before students turn in the lab assignment for the week, so they can help students in class. 

Grading notes on a short answer question are essentially the answer keys. They should be printed as part of the key for the quiz or assignment.

It looks like for now, my only way to do this is to either turn on Student View, submit the assignment in Student View, then print the Test Student results (this doesn't work if the assignment has a timed or conditional release, as the Student View won't be able to access the quiz before the students) or to copy and paste all of the grading notes into a separate file.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

As part of the merger of the New Quizzes Transition and the New Quizzes User Groups, we converted this conversation into an idea.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.