Printing student work products, such as tests and quizzes, in PDF

0 Likes

I did a Chat session awhile ago, trying to see if I could print student work in PDF. The person who responded, said that she "believed" that this could not be done.

I am here outlining my original question:

I am in the process of "archiving" work from past courses, where I did most of the exams and tests using CANVAS. I am able to get copies of the exam itself, by printing to a PDF file, but have not been able to do the same thing for the student work. We typically take low, medium and high scores for our course archive, and if I could do this as a soft copy, rather than having to print and scan the student work items, it would be much better. Let me know how to get the student work as a complete test in PDF. Thanks.

Would it possible to get print to PDF the completed test or quiz of students?

Thanks for looking into this as a potential improvement.

Regards,

DSN

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

7 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @DaltonNelson - Are you using Classic Quizzes or New Quizzes? There are options for both that allow printing (paper or to PDF). If you're looking for a bulk download, that's a little different. Please reply when you have a chance, and we'll collaborate to clarify your idea.

DaltonNelson
Community Member
Author

Hi klundstrum,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm reasonably sure that I am using Classic Quiz format, and yes, my objective is the print the completed individual exams of students, and not bulk download.

Yes, please get back to me on the idea.

Regards,

DSN

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @DaltonNelson

With Classic Quizzes, many teachers are able to use the File > Print > PDF option. If that is not a possibility within your browser, yes, I can see your challenge.

Unfortunately, with the ongoing development of New Quizzes, new features are not being developed for Classic Quizzes. That way, engineers can focus their efforts on developing the newest version of the much-used feature.

DaltonNelson
Community Member
Author

Hi,

So on the assumption that I am using the Classic Quizzes format (I'm not sure of this, and assume that this is by default), could the matter of printing to PDF be related to the browser being used, as you mentioned.

If so, which browsers are the ones are known to work (trying to save myself from experimenting)?

Is there an option of choosing to go with New Quizzes? I don't recall seeing that as a option.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

This resource will help you!
What are the browser and computer requirements for Canvas? 

Some institutions aren't yet allowing New Quizzes and some allow you to choose what works best for you. It would be a great conversation to have with your local Canvas Support or administrator. 

DaltonNelson
Community Member
Author

Hi,

I will take a look at the link your provided, and possibly discuss this with our Canvas Support or administrator.

Thanks for providing this information.

Regards,

DSN

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived