[Profiles] Show Action Log and User Data to Users in their Profile

Is there a reason to hide the personal action logs and analytical data from users? If there isn't then it would be useful for induction to present their usage data and log to users as it would make them aware of the capacity for measuring their level of engagement and would be the basis for increasing this level.

Added to Theme

6 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi!

Thank you for sharing this idea.

I wonder if the existing request Student's Course Analytics Visible via Grades, in addition to People would align with your proposal. We can merge the threads to help Community Members and our Product Team streamline conversations if it does.

JedKeenan
Community Participant
Author

Hello @KristinL,

Thanks and the suggestion from 2016 would certainly be a really useful addition to the conversations with students about performance monitoring.

Mine just adds the desire to show the live action log so that students are aware of the capacity of systems to record dates and durations of user engagement.

Both are considered critical digital skills and would be useful to illustrate by being presented to students, and with the bonus that consciousness of performances goes a long way to optimising outcomes.

Yours sincerely,

Jed Keenan

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Gregory_Putman
Community Participant

Hi,

I completely agree about having options to choose what data students see.  I'd really like the option to allow students to see their account access and participation logs.  I'd ask for the ability to choose what grade statistics to show them - I often think that it is intimidating and counter productive to show struggling students how far behind they are on grade distributions, for example, but everyone benefits from seeing access and interactions. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme