[Assignments] Provide a Time Limit to Media Recording Assignment Submissions

For Online Assignment => Media Recording Submission  -- have the ability to put a time limit for the recordings submitted by students.

This came up during our Canvas Bootcamp, and we have a LOT of Elementary Teachers who are learning Canvas, and Media Recording submissions will likely be used a lot with the little ones. Being able to enter a time limit will be helpful.

From a teacher:  "For video submissions can you place a time limit, as you can in Flipgrid?"

Added to Theme

25 Comments
AlisonM
Community Member

This would be very, very helpful to me. 

Srta_H
Community Member

Agreed!

horton93
Community Member

Yes, allow teachers to set the time limit as well! 

BethCrook
Community Contributor

Agreed!  My high school modern language teachers would like this feature as well!

mfuller2
Community Explorer

Yes please

mimoreno
Community Member

Love it

talway
Community Contributor

I think that this is a great idea.  It would help the instructor better define parameters like on a paper submission that has a word limitation or word minimum (your paper should be at least 500 words).  The instructor could define a time parameter (your video should be at least five minutes) and then prevent uploading media that is too short.

rayne911
Community Member

Yes! That would be just amazing!

jswartz
Community Explorer

I also would concur that this is a great idea. We often have students who do way to long of videos and then have issues uploading. Being able to set a limit for media or recordings were done in Studio would be a huge help! 

joannaroche
Community Explorer

I want to be able to add a time limit for an assignment with submission type Online Entry, Media Recording. I would like to have options such as, 30 sec, 1 min, 1.5 min, 2 min, unlimited.