Provide statistical data on separate sections within a quiz

0 Likes
(1)

I would like to be able to see statistical data on individual sections within a Quiz. My institution's previous LMS had this capability. 

For example, I have Practice Exams set up for students to use prior to taking an End-of-term Exam. I would like to be able to see how many questions a student answers correctly out of the number of questions within each separate section of the quiz. I can then advise the student which area (section) they may need to spend more time studying. 

Tags (2)
4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Thanks for sharing this idea, @montgomery1 . As individual sections are not a feature of either Old (Classic) or New Quizzes, to what does "individual section" within a quiz refer? Have you looked at the reports that are available in New Quizzes ( How do I view reports for an assessment in New Qui... )?

montgomery1
Community Participant

@Stef_retired I was referring to a Group of Questions in Quizzes. For example, if I set up five groups of questions in a Quiz, I would like to see how many questions each student gets correct in each of the five groups.

I have looked at Quiz Statistics where Excel reports are generated, but that is not the quick view I am seeking. I am not sure my university is using New Quizzes.
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@montgomery1  Our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Old (Classic) Quizzes, which is scheduled for deprecation. Would you like to amend this idea to request a new feature that would allow the instructor to define sections within a New Quiz (to be used eventually for statistical purposes)? Also, have you looked at the tagging capability in Item Banks (as detailed in How do I manage item banks in New Quizzes?)? A request to provide statistics for a collection of tagged items might be an alternative approach to solving this, and it would be one that comports with the current design and existing features of New Quizzes.

Thanks!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived