[Modules] Publish / Unpublish ALL Option

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Instead of having to click every single item in a long list to Publish or Unpublish them all, it would save a lot of time if we had the option to "Publish All" or "Unpublish All". It would be even slicker if we could select or highlight a large group of multiple items (though not necessarily all of them) to publish or unpublish all at once.

Added to Theme

121 Comments
anthony_rivera
Community Member

Just imagine how time consuming it is to develop lessons in Canvas, and then the following year have to publish and unpublish over 180 assignments individually. Please remedy this situation.

mijackma
Community Member

I would really appreciate a bulk publish/unpublish option for assignments. When importing from a canvas course I have to manually unpublish every single item in a long list. It would be more convenient and quicker to check one box or select a range of items. A pretty standard feature for other aspects of Canvas that I hope is implemented soon here. 

dr_sten
Community Participant

Our uni just switched to Canvas from Moodle. Jesus, tickets outstanding for 4 years with a simplest and most obvious suggestions?? If I were on that IT committee and did my due diligence I would haven never allowed the switch to happen. 

Celedril
Community Novice

For the love of God, why is this not an option? This is insane. This may be the most obvious and useful and ABSOLUTELY necessary function, and yet it's nowhere to be found. It stinks I have to manually click every, single, assignment. Please, Canvas, fix this situation ASAP!

wilsonj5
Community Member

Why is this not an option. It was requested YEARS ago. It would be nice to unpublish a module and all of the items in that module unpublish as well.

kedra_taylor
Community Member

Please give admins the option to bulk publish courses. This would be so helpful!!

sbarnard
Community Member

The ability to pull in content from another source (Commons, 3rd party content provider, etc.) is fantastic. A feature to add to make this even more efficient would be the ability to mass unpublish assignments, pages and quizzes within an existing module or on the individual assignments, pages & quizzes page(s). 

mglennon
Community Member

Yes, please.  This option would be quite helpful.

emoore50
Community Member

Yes, please. 

yildirim
Community Member