[Modules] Publish / Unpublish ALL Option

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Instead of having to click every single item in a long list to Publish or Unpublish them all, it would save a lot of time if we had the option to "Publish All" or "Unpublish All". It would be even slicker if we could select or highlight a large group of multiple items (though not necessarily all of them) to publish or unpublish all at once.

Added to Theme

121 Comments
jjjkkk
Community Member

Can there be an easier way to unpublish multiple assignments at one time (without having to unclick each assignment in the module)?

When a module is imported or copied to a new course, all the assignments in the module are immediately published. Each assignment would need to be unchecked to make each unpublished. Can there please be a way to "unpublish all" so that the module name/title bar is published and visible to students, but then you have the option to publish each assignment one at a time as needed? 

AngelaJack
Community Novice

Just want to add my voice to the comments to date.  It is a very laborious and time-consuming task to  uncheck all the items within a module which you don't want your student to have access to at that point. This grows year on year as each new teacher adds their own materials to the module.

Please find a way to resolve this soon!

bhaus
Community Explorer

Would love to see this as an option.

mblackhurst
Community Member

I would like to publish items once and once only, not by group and item. It is incredibly frustrating to have to cross reference each item on Canvas to ensure it is published both by item and by group (e.g., module). Instead of simply setting expectations regarding regular deliverables once at the beginning of the semester, I waste considerable time re-asserting these expectations for each item each week. Please make this easier for instructors. 

resartoris
Community Participant

Please allow an "unpublish all" option when we uncheck a module. This is important for teachers and curriculum designers as well. If you check online teacher forums, this is a popular request as well.

resartoris
Community Participant

Yes, please add this feature! This is a common request on online teacher and ed tech support forums. This would be an excellent way to make both curriculum design and a teacher's work in Canvas more efficient.

juliadewees
Community Explorer

AGREE!  This is a much-needed feature that would save teachers time. 

etitano
Community Member

If we work on a module before it published it is time consuming to them have the unpublish everything in that module. This is would a huge quality of life improvement.

juliadewees
Community Explorer

This is a MUST!  I don't understand why it hasn't been implemented yet.

resartoris
Community Participant

Unpublish all is a necessity for teachers and curriculum designers. Please add this feature!