Published vs Unpublished Status for New Quiz Exports

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Please change the behavior for exported New Quiz.

If the original copy was published, make it so that the exported quiz also stay published.

As of now, if I you export a course with 200+ New Quizzes to a new shell, you have to go back and republish everyone of them one by one...multiple times on each new shell import.  This was not a thing in Classic Quiz.

9 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

sharris
Community Participant

This seems like a no-brainer. Are our faculty supposed to go into each course every 8 weeks and republish every single quiz ? 

DeletedUser
Not applicable

According to Canvas Support, it's a feature working as intended...because you know, I'm gonna publish only 1 quiz once every ten years -_-

sharris
Community Participant

Does anyone know if this is going to happen/be fixed ? We work from a master course model for our online courses (750+ master shells). Are our faculty really supposed to go in and manually publish quizzes every 8 weeks when we offer courses (even though they were published in the master course) ? 

tom_gibbons
Community Contributor

Incredibly confused by this as a choice. 

Why would you create an inconsistent product behavior? All other content remains published, whether it's an external tool assignment or not. 

--T

HParkhurst
Community Member

When copying a course, any New Quizzes in that course are copied over unpublished. If the quiz is published in the original course, I would like for it to be copied over the same way - just as is the case with all pages and assignments....and Classic Quizzes. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed
Comments from Instructure

Hi Everyone! After some research on a newly submitted Idea, I can confirm that this Idea has been completed. Unfortunately, this release was missed in our documentation, and we were unable to share this with you sooner. This should have been part of a Release or Deploy in February 2022.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed