Put mute/unmute assignment toggle button on assignments page

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas
It would be helpful to put a toggle button for mute/unmuting assignments on the assignment page near the publish/unpublish button so that I can easily see what assignments need to be muted/unmuted, etc...
Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16958-canvas-release-notes-2019-07-13 .

*We know that this idea is not fulfilled exactly as requested, however, now that the feature is completely different than mute/unmute we are going to mark this as complete and give people time to reassess how the new 'post policies' work. If after using the new feature set for a while there is interest in 'post policies' being managed from the assignment page the idea will need to be submitted as new.  Thanks.

13 Comments
jordan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hey Nina,

A very similar idea is currently "Under Consideration" by our product team -

Does that idea correlate with what you are requesting here?

nonesti
Community Member

Hi there,

My suggestion is a bit different – I was hoping to add a toggle button on the assignments page that lists all assignments for the course – where you can toggle publish/unpublish and drag and drop assignments into different weeks, etc…

Nina

biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Toggle a publish/unpublish button (as referenced in your response above) is different than the toggle the mute/unmute (as stated in the title of this idea).

Would you clarify which feature you are hoping to see on the assignment page, please? Smiley Happy

Looking forward to your thoughts. Smiley Happy

nonesti
Community Member

Hi there,

Well, you know how in the gradebook view it shows what assignments are muted and unmuted by an icon? I was hoping to add that same mute/unmute icon to the assignments page view so we can easily mute/unmute from that page too

Does that make sense? If not, I can mock it up and send it

Nina

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Nina,

No, that makes perfect sense to me as it is.  Thanks for the additional feedback.

biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. December 2, 2015 - Wed. March 2, 2016.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

James_Kocher_UF
Community Champion

I was just about to post this request!  I'm gonna share my image though, just because I spent a whole 2 minutes on it  Smiley Happy

mute.png

James_Kocher_UF
Community Champion

This is slightly different than the OP's, but maybe both could be an option?

jb67
Community Participant

While I certainly like (and voted for) the idea of adding the mute option at assignment creation, I think this would be an excellent supplement, as it currently is for both publishing and posting to SIS. It allows for an easy overview and an easy way to do a bunch of them at the same time (e.g. at the beginning of the term).

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 
For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2019-07-13) .

*We know that this idea is not fulfilled exactly as requested, however, now that the feature is completely different than mute/unmute we are going to mark this as complete and give people time to reassess how the new 'post policies' work. If after using the new feature set for a while there is interest in 'post policies' being managed from the assignment page the idea will need to be submitted as new.  Thanks.