Putting a marker on what you would be working on that day

0 Likes

As a student, I find it confusing when I open up my assignments and it shows all of them, even the ones from last quarter. I think we should have a bookmark on the week we're working on, as well as a little star or something marking the bits we would be working on that day. That way you wouldn't get lost and confused looking through past assignments or trying to find the assignment you're supposed to be working on that day. 

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

@JaydenceRichard 

I agree with you that the Assignments list is long and confusing. I'm an instructor, and I've set up my Canvas courses in such a way that students don't see "Assignments" in their course navigation bar. 

Instead, I've set up weekly Modules for my students to complete. My weekly Modules contain all of the Pages, Assignments, and Quizzes for that week. Hopefully, your professor has also set up your course that way. Look for the word "Modules" in the Course Navigation Bar. 

Another thing you can do is click on your Calendar. If your Assignments have due dates, they will show up in your Calendar. Once you have submitted each Assignment, you'll see a line drawn through it. That will help you keep track of your work.

I hope that these suggestions help you. Good luck!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.