Question Randomization

0 Likes

The current system to randomize questions is very clunky.

It should just be a matter of creating the quiz and specifying which questions to randomize. 

This is the option in software offered by publishers such as pearson, etc.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @LMR13 - Are you using Classic Quizzes or New Quizzes? 

To clarify, you would like to be able to select which question(s) to randomize from the preview "list" before publishing it for students?

Looking forward to collaborating with you! 🐼

LMR13
Community Member

Hi,

I am using Classic.

I would like to randomize the order of the first 60 MC questions, but not  the 5 essays.

Thank you

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @LMR13 -

Thanks for the reply! With the ongoing development of New Quizzes, Ideas are not being explored for the improvement of Classic Quizzes. While it's a wonderful idea, Instructure's efforts are focused on the next version of the feature.

Unfortunately, because of that, I will need to archive the idea. 

I know it's not ideal, but if you are able to make this work in your course's structure, you could have 2-part quizzes, one with the randomized questions and one with the essays. If you're using Modules, you could require completion of Part 1 before advancing to Part 2.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived