Quick & easy switch between accounts

0 Likes
(1)
Idea is currently in development

I have two children using Canvas and currently in order to switch from one account to another on the website I have to log out, then navigate back to the sign-in url and sign in with my other student's account. It would be great to have both saved together so I could switch back and forth between accounts with a single click.

5 Comments
Kelvin_Dean
Community Contributor

I have the same idea. In Mobile, this is already possible by tapping the hamburger menu on the top left corner and selecting Change User.

For Canvas on the Desktop, there needs to be a Change User button next to Log Out. When this option is selected, the Canvas Account Picker will appear again. (You might remember this same screen when you log in to this Community.)

For example, I can easily switch from FFT (canvas.instructure.com, highlighted in gray) to Canvas Network (learn.canvas.net, highlighted in blue). There is no way to remove an old institution from the list without clearing the cookies in your browser, even if you log out of this institution. Maybe a Manage Accounts button needs to be added in order to remove an old institution from this list?

If you do not see your institution, select Other. Select Log In and Find Your School, then follow the instructions to sign in.

Canvas Account PickerCanvas Account Picker

CanvasDocTeam
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

my3kids
Community Novice

I am a parent, and long-time veteran of distance learning in my own education. I have three students on Canvas but I find it really hard to use because items are not organized by student. For example, the dashboard page has all courses for all of my students listed in alphabetical order, not clustered by student. The grades page has all the grades for my students but they are not listed in any particular order and there is no way to reorganize them so that they are at least clustered by student. The same is true for for the agenda view in the calendar - the assignments are listed by due date but there is no way to tell which course or which student they belong to.

It would be very helpful if we could have a dedicated dashboard page for each student, with grades (percentages AND letter grades please) and assignments for each student listed individually.

Additionally, on the agenda page, in addition to having it separated out by student, it would be very helpful to have a heading on each assignment that identifies which course the assignment is for.

These things would make it a lot easier for me to keep track of my kids' assignments and help keep them organized.

chrismartin76
Community Novice

Having multiple children in the same classes (triplets) it would be very nice to be able to select the child's name at the top of the screen.

I'm am very lost navigating this platform, there doesn't seem to be an easy flow.  I must log out and then log back in for each child.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: In Development
  Comments from Instructure