Quick codes for Missing assignments

0 Likes
(3)

I understand that the Missing designation will not be entered on External Assignments such Kami, EdPuzzle, etc.    It is a pain to have to go to each student  click on the box were the grade is entered,  hit the arrow, click on the Missing button then go to the next student to do the same steps.  It would be so much faster if we could enter a Quick Code in the space where the score is entered.   Example:  Enter "M" for missing,  "L" for late , "E" for excused.   This would make life so much easier and seems to be a simple work around for External Assignments.    Our SIS allows us to do this so I know it can be done.  

Tags (2)
2 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@blegenpl 

Thanks for sharing this idea. We already have a few conversations around this underway, so we invite you to join those. We'll archive this one to keep those discussions unified.

Hotkey options for gradebook (late, missing, excus... - Canvas Community 

Assign a Missing Status to assignments by typing i... - Canvas Community 

donna_mccann
Community Member

Kami submissions need to be counted as submissions so that if they are NOT submitted Canvas will automatically mark the assignments as missing. If Canvas is able to recognize that an assignment from Kami has been submitted for me to grade, then why can it also recognize when an assignment has NOT been submitted and automatically mark it as Missing? This makes no sense!  

Please fix this feature! It is a HUGE time killer to change each submission individually to "Missing" status for each assignment from Kami. I use Kami a lot as it allows students to show their work and work right on the pdf almost as though it is a paper worksheet. Kami has so many awesome features I do not want to give it up!  

Please fix this problem!