cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quiz/Assignment Restriction According to Score(s) on Other Quizzes/Assignments

Quiz/Assignment Restriction According to Score(s) on Other Quizzes/Assignments

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea will be open for vote Wed. August 5, 2015 - Wed. November 4, 2015  Learn more about voting...

Although I've looked and couldn't find anything, I'll apologize in advance if this quiz/assignment restriction has been requested, is up for voting or in development and I just don't know about it.

I would really like to see a restriction feature added to assignments/quizzes granting students access according to score(s) on one or more other assignments/quizzes. I find this type of restriction extremely useful both as a motivational tool and to help guarantee mastery.

Motivational Tool - I can create a bonus assignment/quiz accessible to students only after they have received a specific score on a previous assignment/quiz. The restriction essentially "unlocks" a specific assignment/quiz for students who have performed at a specific level I predetermined. My students work very hard to achieve a specific score on an assignment that grants them access to another assignment/quiz for bonus points.

Guaranteeing Mastery - This type of restriction is wonderful when it comes to guaranteeing mastery. For example, a student MUST receive a certain score on a quiz before (s)he is allowed to take the next assessment. Or, perhaps students are required to receive a certain score on a chapter assessment before (s)he is allowed to move on to any assignments/quizzes for the next chapter.

If this type of restriction currently exists or if there is a workaround that someone knows about, please let me know!

Thanks,

-Brandon Goodwin

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-11-19)

15 Comments
Explorer II

I'm so glad the voting is open for this feature!

Community Team
Community Team

124933_pastedImage_9.png

Thank You for taking the time and energy to submit and discuss your idea. Your feedback helps our product teams prioritize feature development so we can build a product you will love. Unfortunately, this idea has been archived because it did not meet the 100-vote threshold within the 3-month voting period. Learn more at: How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

Can archived ideas still become a feature?  Potentially. Archived ideas can be resubmitted by Community members. As people’s needs change, previously submitted ideas may gain additional traction. All feature ideas are evaluated as a whole and may influence product direction.

Panda-Cat: A mythical creature that we dreamed up to catch your attention, make you laugh, and encourage you to stay invested in Feature Ideas process of making Canvas better!

Community Team
Community Team
  This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2016-11-07)

We also encourage you to take a few minutes to join the Beta Release (2016-11-07) Collaborative Chat and learn with your community!

Community Team
Community Team
  This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-11-19)

Community Team
Community Team

ROI.png

Thank you to bgoodwin@bgcs.k12.in.us for submitting this idea, as well as, victoria-maloy@uiowa.edu for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas! Smiley Happy