Quiz Modification History

(2)
When editing a test after a student has taken it, it would be nice to see any previous edits I made since it was submitted.

Thanks,

Kellie

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

9 Comments
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. November 4, 2015 - February 3, 2016.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

asatkins
Community Novice

I would love to just see this in general - a running log of changes (like the quiz log, but showing edits?) made by each person with a timestamp. I can't count the number of times we have seen something changed and scrambled around (usually with no answer) for who changed that?! The /edit page views don't  help you, because they don't record a difference between an actual edit and just hitting the button and then save or cancel without changing anything. This would be SO helpful for a school like ours with 120+ different level of admins who all have edit privileges (because they can't see question banks any other way).

jsparks
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello everyone,

Thank you for this suggestion.  We can research this for possible inclusion in our work on the Modern Quizzing Engine. As any implementation or delivery of this feature is more than six months away, I suggest we archive this conversation for now. I have added this idea to my backlog of possible features.

Regards,

Jason

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
  Idea is currently in Product Radar Learn more about this stage...

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

The Radar idea stage has been removed from the Feature Idea Process.  You can read more about why in the blog post Adaptation: Feature Idea Process Changes.

This change will only impact the stage sort of this idea and will not change how it is voted on or how it is considered during prioritization activities.  This change will streamline the list of ideas 'open for voting', making it easier for you to see the true top voted ideas in one sort, here.

gauthier_alan
Community Explorer

Canvas has a tool for viewing Page history edits - having a way to view Quiz history edits is just as useful. I made the unfortunate mistake of editing a quiz that was a good one, and those questions and answers - and all that hard work is apparently gone. If this were a page, there would be little problem - I could duplicate the new and restore the old. But with Quiz editing, apparently a change is "forever".

milesl
Community Contributor

We're running into a number of academic integrity issues where it appears that students received more time than they were allotted to complete a quiz.

All support can tell us is that the students completed an earlier version of the quiz, but they can't confirm what was different about the earlier versions of the quizzes, and if they had different time limits.

Versioning/edit history needs to be built into New Quizzes.

Kelvin_Dean
Community Contributor

Right, just like with Pages. If a teacher messes up and accidentally deletes the instructions and/or the questions, it can be undone in the Revision History.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Thank you everyone for contributing to this idea! We acknowledge that this has been a long-standing thread in the Community, but because Intructure’s product teams are no longer developing new functionality for Classic Quizzes, which is scheduled to be deprecated 2024, we are archiving this idea. We hope that you continue to participate in the Community’s Idea Process!

The resources in the New Quizzes User Group should help you get started with using New Quizzes in your courses. If you don't see the ability to enable New Quizzes in the settings area of one of your courses, please reach out to your local Canvas admin for information about its availability at your school.