Quiz Notification

0 Likes
(2)
Major drawback of using Canvas Quiz feature. Right now, if I give a Quiz, I have to manually go in to each class (course) and see if someone turned it in late. Imagine a teacher who used this for a weekly quiz. You assign on Wednesday, it's due Friday, and you grade it Friday after school. Then on Monday you have to check for anyone who turned it in late...going class by class to check. Then you have to do it again on Tuesday or Wednesday, and again a few days after that. If it's a weekly quiz, now you are doing that for several quizzes, having to look at each one separately in each course you teach. It's a nightmare. 

Compare that with Assignments. I set a due date. Anything turned in after that sends me a notification that Student X turned in that assignment. I don't have to go looking...it's in my email when it's turned in late. It's also in my To Do that I need to grade it. 

My suggestion is to have the email notification feature of late Quiz submissions similar to that of late Assignments. 
Tags (2)
3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@davidkitchen 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Are you still using Classic (Old) Quizzes? I ask because the new quiz tool (New Quizzes) is based on the assignment content type and should generate notifications for late submissions in the same fashion as would any late assignment submission.

Please let us know!

d_truax
Community Member

I concur, I do not receive a notification using New Quizzes when a student completes a quiz.  This would be especially helpful when I need to manually grade the essay/math questions in an assignment.

This could be a toggle in the setting section for New Quizzes! 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived