Quiz - When done, show actual time taken in Moderate Quiz, not silly 'finished in about an hour'

0 Likes
(2)

In the Moderate Quiz screen, please show the actual time taken when completed for all students. Currently if the time is somewhere near an hour we get 'finished in about 1 hour', after getting a second-by-second countdown. This is cute, folksy, but not professional grade.
I have quizzes that are 70 minutes long, and I need to know quickly how many/which students took the entire time available. If a student took only 65 minutes out of 70, vs they took all the time (which might indicate a lack of time) that is important to know. But right now for both I get this same silly message.
The Course statistics only gives an average, which again doesn't tell me how many ran out of time.

This means I have to look at each student individually to know long long it took, and can't get a broad sense of how demanding the test was in terms of time.

Tags (1)
3 Comments
Naomi
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @kobelsky,

We appreciate this need. However, our product teams are no longer developing any new functionality on the code base for Old (Classic) Quizzes, which is currently scheduled for deprecation in 2021. The functionality you've described—the ability to view students' exact quiz-taking time—has been developed and is available in New Quizzes.

To learn more about the timeline of Classic Quizzes being deprecated, check out the New Quizzes User Group. To learn more about New Quizzes, check out the Instructor New Quizzes how-to guides.

Naomi

Kelvin_Dean
Community Contributor

However, Naomi, I want the times to be shown to the nearest fraction of a second if it takes students less than one minute to complete (especially during Fastest Finger First, where I give my class 30 seconds to answer one quickfire question). What if two students finish in 11 seconds? New Quizzes should be more precise, for example, 12.34s and 12.33s for Student A and Student B, respectively. In this scenario, if there is a tie for the highest score, Student B wins.

Naomi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @Kelvin_Dean,

Thanks for sharing your perspective! Since the original feature idea here was for an update to Classic Quizzes, I'd recommend searching for similar ideas to what you're looking for specific to New Quizzes in the Ideas space. If none exist, you can create a new feature idea. For steps on creating a new feature idea, check out How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community?

Naomi