Quiz results as a percentage

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

I would like to have quiz results be displayed as a percentage instead of points out of so that students can immediately see their average on a quiz without having to do any arithmetic.

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
19 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea has resurfaced at

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea is one of the lucky ones that was selected to get a little more time for voting as part of our evolution of the feature idea process. It was selected because of it's vote count and/or comment thread.

*Selection criteria: Most (not all) ideas that received 70+ votes in their initial voting round.

ghalsell
Community Participant

I've already voted for this feature (it's the one item I need the most right now!), but I notice that voting is "On Hold." Will voting be reopened, or will a separate vote be taken in a second round?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@ghalsell , it will be re-opened on March 1 (no need to vote again, and no second round!). For details on the feature ideas reboot, please refer to https://community.canvaslms.com/community/ideas/blog/2017/02/17/flipping-the-switch-on-canvas-featur...

spowell
Community Novice

I would like to have the ability to have the grades for all work, assignments, quizzes, discussions etc displayed in the manner the instructor chooses. I personally prefer displaying letter grades alone for all work and those grades are weighted. Not having the ability to use and display one method/schema only makes it confusing for both students and instructors. When a letter grade is displayed alongside either a percentage or a numerical value, in my experience, it encourages 'negotiation' about grades. Having a multiple simultaneous display is all well and good for those who want this, but instructors should have a wide spectrum of choice when it comes to managing their grading. 

angelah_meekey
Community Member

My sixth grades students do not have the skills to convert their score into a percentage by themselves.  Even with several rounds of teaching them to divide they are not consistent.  I am sure other teachers in lower grades feel the same frustrations.  If I get the choice of how to display the grade in assignments, then why don't I have the choice in quizzes???  Also, I would like to have all the scores in the grade book displayed as percentages as well.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta Quizzes LTI User Group 

This feature is now available through the new Quizzes LTI tool.  Find more information on the Quizzes LTI tool, and how to access it, at Quizzes LTI User Group 

The specific guide for this feature in the Quizzes LTI tool is How do I create an assessment using the Quizzes LTI? 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed