Quiz speedgrader

0 Likes
(4)

Currently, when grading individual questions, the point value of each question is at the top by the question title. It would be helpful if the point value within the question (in speedgrader) was at the bottom where the "additional comments" text box. Currently, some of my quiz questions are a bit lengthy, so when I scroll back to score the question, I often time lose my place.

Additionally, if the "additional comments" text box was larger so that I can see what I'm typing, it would be helpful. Also, "save this comment for the future" would be great!

Tags (2)
3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@nonesti 

Thanks for sharing these ideas. Fortunately, this has been addressed in the new quiz tool, where the point modal displays as depicted in the Grade Item section of How do I grade an assessment in New Quizzes? - Canvas Community . Our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Old (Classic) Quizzes, so we've archived this idea.

When you start using New Quizzes in live courses, please feel free to search the Idea Conversations forum for existing ideas to support, and if you don't find one that aligns with what you're hoping to see, please write one after reading through How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community? for guidance on writing singularly-focused ideas.

Thanks again!

Melodie001
Community Member

YES!  This was very frustrating when grading 150 quizzes that were short answers.  Having to scroll back up to enter the grade was very inefficient.  I would love to see this simple change of moving the grading for each question to the bottom of the answer!

steelea
Community Explorer

YESSSSS!!! Also - why is there a separate "update scores" button at the bottom of the page??

And why do the margins get maintained when you use the vertical spacing bar to better see your rubric?