[New Quizzes] Limited Time to Review Quiz Questions After Submission

This idea would allow the ability for instructors who are wanting to open up prior quizzes for a review for the upcoming test but later restrict access not only to the answers but also the questions. This idea would allow quiz integrity and security.

The current workaround is a little labor intensive to manually uncheck the, "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses (Incorrect Questions Will Be Marked in Student Feedback)" when you could just set a date.

I propose a change that would look like something close to the image below. 

Proposed Change to add a hide quiz question option to the quiz details under "Let students see their quiz responses..."

21 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@kari ‌, the ideas to which you've linked are sitting in Cold Storage, which is a Community space to which not everyone has--or wants--access. Could you rewrite the description (by editing the idea) so that it encompasses the essence of what the archived ideas originally requested? That will make it easier for our members to know what they're evaluating, and therefore easier to vote on your idea. Smiley Happy

kari
Community Contributor

@sanders3  I have updated the description. I hope that is better. Smiley Happy

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Much better, thanks,  @kari !

kari
Community Contributor

Hello snugent‌, I see that you created a similar idea like this shy of two years ago. I was wondering if I could get your vote up for this. 

snugent
Community Champion

Thank you  @kari ‌ for the heads up. This is ongoing frustration for our faculty. I spend too much time explaining the options to feedback release. As it stands now it is too confusing for faculty and doesn't offer them the options they want. Deactivated user‌ please tell us QuizzesNext will have more release options. 

jsparks
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

We are working on it. It will be a feature that evolves as we release our tools.

nfisher
Community Participant

Kari, we were just having this discussion with our faculty that we NEED this. Thank you for putting it out there. Great minds think alike!

mswindle
Community Participant

We have some similar concerns and needs for more robust quiz result release and created a slightly different feature idea that might interest many here: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/14583-quizzesnext-show-and-hide-quiz-results-by-date 

epulham
Community Contributor

It's 2020, and we not only need to be able to limit the amount of time students can see correct answers on a New Quiz, but also be able to only allow the student to see the responses once. If we don't have this feature, so many of our instructors will be frustrated because Classic Quizzes had this function.

cgcamillo
Community Explorer

@epulham I very much agree with your comment - I am one of the educators who really wants to have this feature included in New Quizzes!  The ability to let students view their responses and the answers is really important so they can also ask questions about what they got wrong (or... find our mistakes/miskeys!!) but we can't have the students always being able to see the content, since we want to maintain the integrity of our question banks and try to limit cheating and such (as much as we are able to, anyway).  I really hope that this feature will come back in New Quizzes - especially since Classic Quizzes will no longer be an option in a very short time!