cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quizzes.Next should work with Lockdown Browser or Proctorio

Quizzes.Next should work with Lockdown Browser or Proctorio

(4)

Quizzes.Next needs to allow us to require Lockdown Browser or Proctorio to take the Quiz we make in that feature. I can't use this feature without either. 

This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26937-canvas-release-notes-2020-07-18 

47 Comments
Surveyor

Interesting that the request to add Proctorio resulted in adding Respondus - or is there another community post?

At the end of the day - there are a number of Remote Proctoring services - each with their own USP, pricing model, or feature set.  Making it viable and quick for all of them to integrate should have been the goal - rather than targetting one provider. On reflection, this process seems to have gone against one of Instructure's primary mantras - 'Build your own awesome' - because here it is 'Build your own awesome (as long as you use Responsdus)'.

For example, whilst no doubt Respondus is a good fit for some, (as far as we can tell) it does not support Live Proctoring or tests that include scrap paper and/or Test elements on paper. For various reasons, these are necessary requirements.

Community Team
Community Team

Thanks, james.trueman@anglia.ac.uk‌; it is our plan to keep this idea open for further discussion.

Surveyor

Any more specific instructions on this? Because I have looked around their website, I've rooted around in Canvas, and I cannot figure out how to use the lockdown browser with the new quizzes.

Cassie

Explorer

Same here. I can't figure out how New Quizzes links with Lockdown Browser.

Surveyor

It's not intuitive, that's for sure.

Community Team
Community Team

arnold.cassie@blvs.org‌ and ars4834@njit.edu‌:

We've updated the release notes to provide details about the Respondus Lockdown Browser integration in New Quizzes (scroll down to the bottom of the document).

Explorer

Awesome - this helps a lot! Thanks, stefaniesanders‌!