Raise Limit for Show Question Details in Quizzes

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Currently in quizzes the "Show Question Details" is limit to only display when there are 25 questions or less. Anything above 25 prevents this checkbox from being clicked. 

We have had numerous instructors ask about this feature and for the possibility of it to be increased. Based on a previous feature request, I believe question banks will display up to 50 questions. https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1196-raise-the-50-question-question-editpreview-cap-for-questi... 

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
9 Comments
jbrady2
Community Champion

@nicole_stahl  Thanks for bringing this issue up. I know that I have seen it addressed, at least once before, but I guess it did not gain enough votes. Hopefully, if it is not already being addressed in the new Quizzing Engine, it gains enough support to be this time to be changed.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@nicole_stahl  

If the idea you linked to covers your idea, then you do not need to resubmit.  That idea is currently labeled on the product radar, and still available for comment and vote!  Please let me know if it covers it.  We'd like to archive this thread to reduce duplication.

nicole_stahl
Community Novice

No, this idea is technically separate. The one that I linked is to increase the limit in question banks. Instructors who have contacted us aren't usually concerned with the question banks area, but mainly with increasing the limit in the Edit area of quizzes since in quizzes the limit is currently capped at 25. 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
judi_schlecht
Community Novice

Oh my goodness, this is my biggest pet peeve with Canvas. I teach Medical Terminology and our exams are rather extensive. It takes me hours to find click on each edit button, and fix or change answers around. PLEASE, I am begging to fix this. I know that several instructors at Fresno City College are very frustrated as well. 

man20
Community Explorer

Yes please!  I hate that I can't see the question details!!

coliver6
Community Novice

Yes, this is incredibly frustrating and is a single issue that would push me to ask our university to move us another LMS app, I have exams that are 30, 50 and sometimes 100 questions. Editing them is HUGE hassle given I can see the entire question's answers. Sometimes I just need to update or revise a few questions so I do not want to reimport the exam (waste of time). This must be corrected. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed