Re-grading quizzes

0 Likes

Canvas should re-grade quizzes (or at least give the option to re-grade) when instructors make modifications after students have begun taking said quiz. Having to manually go through and re-grade defeats the purpose of having an online quiz!

Tags (2)
5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@randomteacher What has your experience been with regrading in New Quizzes? I ask because our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Old (Classic) Quizzes, which is scheduled for deprecation.

Thanks.

randomteacher
Community Member

I don't know what you're referring to by "New Quizzes" and "Old Quizzes". When I create a quiz, I don't seem to get an option for "old" or "new".

randomteacher
Community Member

To create a quiz, I click on the "+" at the top of a module, then I'm given a drop-down menu to choose from. The options are: assignment, quiz, file, page, discussion, text header, external URL, and external tool. Is this not how I should be creating quizzes? Does the "quiz" option in this menu default to "old" quizzes? If there are different kinds of quizzes to create, why aren't they part of this drop-down menu?

ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@randomteacher 

What options do you have when you create a quiz from the Quizzes page?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived