Recording of the portion of Studio video that a Student watches in Insights

0 Likes
(2)

I have students who watch all my Chapter Discussion videos and then like to go back and review the parts that they feel like they need to review again.  The problem is that if the second time they view the video, they only watch part of it, then Canvas reports under insights that the student only watched part of the video so that they don't get all the points they deserve.  They need to change this so that the Insights bar graph will show the maximum amount they watched out of all the viewing sessions instead of just the last viewing session.

It would also be great if Canvas could indicate how many times the student watched the video.

Thx,

Mr.P.

Tags (2)
3 Comments
ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

gilrosenberg
Community Member

I didn't realize this was how it works, but if it is how it works then I absolutely agree.  I use the insights to see what a student has watched (and I don't really care when they watch it), so I want to see how much they have watched in total.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.