[Assignments] Recurring Assignments

I am a college professor, and I frequently give recurring assignments such as a weekly reflection paper wherein the students answer essentially the same questions each week about that week's materials.

It would be great to be able to create this one time with the due date, points value, etc., and then make it recurring for every week rather than having to either create new assignments and copy/paste the content (but still assign all the values), or use Commons, which I find to be very cumbersome, and which still requires me to change all of the due dates, etc.

Added to Theme

57 Comments
ParkerKing55
Community Member

Has there been any headway on this? I need this feature, desperately.

oinge
Community Member

I'll add my own vote to this; our previous electronic gradebook was able to do this easily, and it had much fewer features than Canvas.

spo-woodk
Community Member

These ideas are greatly needed for Group Assignments.  We teachers need:

1) the ability to repeat a Group Assignment weekly/monthly

2) the ability to choose to edit a Group Assignment without notifications pushing to the group (For example; misspelled word, incorrect time, or edit to the notes section)

3) the ability to create an event on the course calendar without pushing notifications (For example, if an assignment is agreed upon by the teacher and one student, that event can be added by the teacher to the calendar --- the entire group would be able to see the event but not able to reserve or edit the event)

jenniferlandry
Community Member

I would love for recurring grades to be an available feature!

evansm8
Community Novice

I am just going to add my request to all the others in a hope that at some point Canvas will listen: A recurring assignment feature would be helpful in preventing input errors, save time on redundant tasks, and be an overall beneficial tool for teachers.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme