Redo Grading Scheme Selection UI

(1)

The Canvas grading scheme selection UI is dangerously bad. The way to OK a selection is at the bottom of one scrollable pane, while the cancel is on an outer scrollable pane. A short video showing this is at

GradingSchemeSelection - YouTube

At the very least, make the default popup sizes big enough to show all the buttons at once.

7 Comments
curtain
Community Participant

Any update on this?  I don't ever see it in the 'In Development' listing in Studio. Any chance this is still in the works?

rpeters3
Community Participant

I noticed this has been listed as "in development" for nearly 2 years now. Any updates on if this is still happening or a timeline?

cms_hickss
Community Coach
Community Coach

We recently ran into an issue with grading schemes and the section there of. A teacher applied one to the course and another to the assignment. It didn't work. He didn't know it wouldn't work since they were all options to him.

stelpstra
Community Champion

Then by now it seems to be in development for three years? We use a grading scheme with 101 rows of ranges, imagine the double scrollbars on that for just selecting the right scheme per assignment and per course...

rpeters3
Community Participant

Thanks for brining it up so I got a reminder. I'm going to bring this to my CSM and see what info I can get. Folds nicely into a bigger discussion we've had on Instructure development commitments and timelines.

ralf
Community Member

Four years (and counting) to move a button or adjust the size of a pane?

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.