Regrade fill-in-the-blank questions

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

If a question is created with the wrong answer, I have to manually fix every single student's test.

Can the fill-in-the-blank question type be added to the current Regrade function?

It would be really nice to be able to remove incorrectly labelled "right" answers, or add additional right answers, and have Canvas reevaluate students' quizzes.

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
20 Comments
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. November 4, 2015 - February 3, 2016.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

cwendt
Community Champion

@scottdennis ​, this is the exact same idea:

It looks like mine was submitted after Holly's. Do you ever "pool" the votes from identical ideas?

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @cwendt ​,

We try not to let identical ideas go forward for voting, although sometimes we goof.  We don't have an option to automatically add votes to and existing idea.  I went ahead and archived your idea and will DM each person who voted for it and request they vote here instead.  If this one gets close to the threshold we can advance it anyway if it looks like the additional votes would have pushed it over the edge.

Thanks again!

cwendt
Community Champion

You're welcome and thank you!

biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

165920_pastedImage_9.png

Thank You for taking the time and energy to submit and discuss your idea. Your feedback helps our product teams prioritize feature development so we can build a product you will love. Unfortunately, this idea has been archived because it did not meet the 100-vote threshold within the 3-month voting period. Learn more at: How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

Can archived ideas still become a feature?  Potentially. Archived ideas can be resubmitted by Community members. As people’s needs change, previously submitted ideas may gain additional traction. All feature ideas are evaluated as a whole and may influence product direction.

Panda-Cat: A mythical creature that we dreamed up to catch your attention, make you laugh, and encourage you to stay invested in Feature Ideas process of making Canvas better!

natasha_csu
Community Novice

Hello Canvas Community,

Is it possible to re-open this feature for voting again?

Thank you,

Natasha Crasovscaia

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hello  @natasha_csu 

​Yes, absolutely, please refer to How does the voting process work for feature ideas? for guidelines.  We welcome you resubmitting this idea when you think the time is right.

natasha_csu
Community Novice

Thank you Scott,

I checked the link that you have suggested but still have a few questions

1) Do i need to create this idea again since i am not the one who posted it originally or how else re-submitting process works?

2) Will previous 57 votes be considered or everyone who voted before needs to re-vote again?

Thank you very much,

Natasha

emily
Community Champion

This is too essential an idea to archive.  Let's try again! Everybody vote again, and bring one friend, and we'll get past 100!

emily
Community Champion

This is now open for voting at