Regrade fill-in-the-blank questions

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

If a question is created with the wrong answer, I have to manually fix every single student's test.

Can the fill-in-the-blank question type be added to the current Regrade function?

It would be really nice to be able to remove incorrectly labelled "right" answers, or add additional right answers, and have Canvas reevaluate students' quizzes.

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
20 Comments
yokia
Community Novice

This is now open for voting at Allow regrading of fill-in-the-blank questions !

amweaveranutschrita.revak-lutz​  @nonelson ​ mwadmin​  @kedgecomb ​ jlevensgallo7797nxd13​  @vkg ​  @phili ​  @curtain ​ johnpj​  @jbrady2 ​ doucettedperpich​  @britain_woodman ​ htgayholdenwhughpbogart​  @kmeeusen ​ stefaniesanders​  @RobDitto ​  @lindalee ​  @BethCrook ​ hunterdrrainbo​  @jlg65 ​ steven.olejnikckeigher​  @burkel1 ​ awilliamsanepskyjcb5021cesbrandt​  @millerjm ​ pmacgreg​  @naboznyk ​  @ejackson ​  @iys2 ​  @john_bowen ​  @ddcarcamo ​  @cwendt ​ 15005892​  @haustin ​  @caryn ​  @alh245 ​ matthew.r.schmitz​  @tmertz ​

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Already voted--but thanks for the tag,  @yokia ​!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea will remain in the open voting forum as an idea related to Priority: Quizzes.Next

*Being a related idea does not guarantee it is slated for development, instead it indicates that the idea is related to the overall scope and is being used to inform the process.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta Quizzes LTI User Group 

This feature is now available through the new Quizzes LTI tool.  Find more information on the Quizzes LTI tool, and how to access it, at Quizzes LTI User Group 

The specific guide for this feature in the Quizzes LTI tool is  How do I regrade an assessment question in the Quizzes LTI? 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
joseph_acct
Community Member

I just conducted my first exam using Canvas (new quiz) and as I go, I see it isn't handling silly variances like curly vs straight apostrophes. (Why not canonicalize such things?) I'm editing the quiz at the same time and adding these variants, but I can't then regrade as the option is not given.

Also, it'd be great if I see a variance marked as wrong, I could just "punch" it in as an acceptable variant. Should I make a new issue for this?

Finally, we're not using Quizzes.Next, should we be?

RobDitto
Community Champion

@joseph_acct, New Quizzes used to be called "Quizzes.Next" (and sometimes "Quiz LTI").

Regarding this:

>Also, it'd be great if I see a variance marked as wrong, I could just "punch" it in as an acceptable variant. Should I make a new issue for this?

Try using How do I regrade an assessment question in New Quizzes? . It's not perfect yet for fill-in-the-blank; votes or comments on these issues will help:

rderbacher
Community Member

I have this problem, too.  Canvas chat told me I cannot regrade the free response question in my quiz. I have 300+ students and can't do it by hand. Where does this fix exist?  Certainly not in our version of Canvas Quizzes at our institution...

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed