Regrade quiz when deleting questions

(63)
In instances where an instructor wants to remove a question from a quiz that students have already taken, the option to regrade a quiz should be available if a question is deleted. Or even add a choice in Regrade Options to drop the question from the quiz and remove its points from the quiz value total.

Comments from Instructure

2022-07-12 -- After reviewing this long-existing idea, the Community Team has determined that this request will remain Open. While it was authored when only Classic Quizzes existed, the idea can be applied to New Quizzes as well. Ultimately, this will reduce the number of duplicated Idea requests and allow the conversation and collaboration to exist in a single space. 

90 Comments
cbutler
Community Member

We came across this issue and I was shocked that it wasn't a feature as it is in other LMS products. 

steelea
Community Explorer

Yes, please.

eddie_bonetdiaz
Community Explorer

Although y'all added the option to give everyone the points, which to me sounds like the alternative to deleting, I can see why it is important.

max
Community Explorer

SIX YEARS LATER and this **BUG** still exists!

This voting system is the biggest thing I hate about Canvas.

Instead of recognizing the shortsighted programming, we're left to "vote" within a narrow window on getting it resolved? The people in charge of this part of the site need to recognize functionality issues and escalate them immediately without this nonsense.

MMat
Community Explorer

How do I upvote Max's comment.  This programming has so many shortcomings and voting on the ones that need to be fixed is just straight up dumb.  This doesn't need to be a voting conversation, it needs to be an action item conversation; I will tell you what is wrong, you will tell me when it is anticipated to be completed.

There are so many things wrong with the limitations of the quiz and regrading function that Blackboard can do with no issues, so where can I start my action item list.

PeterE-S
Community Explorer

How is this not a feature already?

This shouldn't be something that needs upvoting, it should be a standard setting. Who designs quizzes in this way???

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Thank you everyone for contributing to this idea! We acknowledge that this has been a long-standing thread in the Community. Because Intructure’s product teams are no longer developing new functionality for Classic Quizzes, which is scheduled to be deprecated 2024, we are archiving this idea. We hope that you continue to participate in the Community’s Idea Process!

The resources in the New Quizzes User Group should help you get started with using New Quizzes in your courses. If you don't see the ability to enable New Quizzes in the settings area of one of your courses, please reach out to your local Canvas admin for information about its availability at your school.

PeterE-S
Community Explorer

Hi @KristinL will we be able to regrade New Quizzes if we remove a question from the already attempted quiz?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

After reviewing this long-existing idea, the Community Team has determined that this request will remain Open. While it was authored when only Classic Quizzes existed, the idea can be applied to New Quizzes as well. Ultimately, this will reduce the number of duplicated Idea requests and allow the conversation and collaboration to exist in a single space. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Thank you for sharing this idea with the Instructure Community!

The Product Team reviewed all feature proposals recently, and unfortunately, this thread was identified as one that they would not be able to include in their current or future plans. While we appreciate your proposal, we also want to be transparent about the likelihood of something like this making it to production.

Thank you for collaborating, and we hope that you submit another idea in the future!