Reject an incomplete submissions so it is kicked back to the student.

0 Likes

I need to reject or kick back incomplete assignments (submissions) to the students so they can correct the assignment and resubmit. I have a unique group of students and they just do not seem to read assignment submission comments so I have to email them to get their attention when an assignment is incomplete. It would be easier to reject the assignment to prompt them to redo it.

I am the instructor, designer, school owner.

Tags (1)
7 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

@admin19 

You can mark the grade as incomplete and then utilize the How do I send a message to students from the Gradebook feature to message all students with an 'incomplete' at once.

admin19
Community Explorer

Renee, 

Thank you. I will try this. 

admin19
Community Explorer

I don't have an option in my grade book to mark it is incomplete. Just late, excused, or unexcused. 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@admin19 

you won't have to mark it as incomplete in order to send a message.  The system will automatically see 'not graded' as incomplete

admin19
Community Explorer

They just do not look. 

Thank you anyway. 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@admin19 Starting with the March 2021 release, instructors can return submissions to their students directly from Speedgrader. Please refer to the Speedgrader | Submission Reassignments section of the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-03-20)