Remove Front Page tag from Pages

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

When you set one of your Pages to "Front Page", give the option to Undo or remove this Front Page tag. This will allow you to go back to seeing all of your Pages when you click on the Page link rather than having to click Pages > View All Pages when  you have set a "Front Page" tag.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-11-18) 

21 Comments
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @cohenf ‌...

Give this a shot...next to the "Follow" button that you clicked on, there is also an "Actions" button.  When you click on that button, there should be an option to join the group.  Then, you should be able to post to James' blog.  Thanks to stefaniesanders‌ for helping me investigate this!

cohenf
Community Participant

Thank you and thank you, stefaniesanders‌. That worked.

sf
Community Novice

Seems like this option is only available to Canvas Admins, not Instructors. Is this correct?

sf
Community Novice

As with one of the indented repliers, I clicked the option to make a page a "Front Page" just to see what it would look like and, incredible to me, there was no "undo" and there's no option to "delete"! I really liked and now miss having the full page list appear directly.

How many votes does this need, and why does it even need any? It seems like a clear bug/oversight to me…

PS: James Jones long solution seems to be an option only for Canvas Admins, not Instructors?

James
Community Champion

@sf  

No, that is not correct.  It will work for instructors or admins or anyone else with permissions to assign something to be the front page. My suggestion about admins was that an admin might want to install this so that they could do it for faculty as it was likely that more than one instructor would end up wanting to remove a front page and the admin could just do it for them.

kmadsen2
Community Novice

This whole voting thing on Canvas improvements is ridiculous.  Take our suggestions and prioritize them based on common sense!  Are we supposed to lobby our colleagues to get enough attention from Canvas?  Not a wise use of faculty time.

sf
Community Novice

I agree completely. This would be a trivial, obvious correction. 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2017-11-06) .

erinhmcmillan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-11-18) 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New