[Modules] Remove "Next" button from last page of module.

I'm not sure if there is already a way to do this but it would be nice if the last page of the module instead of saying "Next" and going to a new module it said "Home" and took you back to the home page. I know you can create prerequisites for modules but for our purposes it doesn't matter what order they do the modules in as long as they all get done. I don't want students to just go through 3 modules and not realize what they have completed. 

24 Comments
rwollner
Community Explorer

@jerry_nguyen Where do you apply that code? On the page itself? I'm also unclear which parts of your code to fill in, and with what. Should 'module_item-id' be replaced with just the number or 'module_itemid=number'? What should go in place of "I'm in a module page"?

Thank you!

jerry_nguyen
Community Contributor

@rwollner 

You don't need to change anything in my code. Youll need to upload those codes to the theme editor, refer to this article for instructions: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Guide/How-do-I-upload-custom-JavaScript-and-CSS-files-to-an...

rwollner
Community Explorer

@jerry_nguyen Thank you! I thought that applied to CSS but not HTML

jerry_nguyen
Community Contributor

@rwollner 

If you want to remove the button completely then just need to use the CSS code. If you want to remove the "Next" button at the last item of each Module then use the Javascript code

sjjorstad
Community Explorer

@jerry_nguyen 

Thanks so much for your contributions to this conversation!

I used to be able to hide the "next" and "previous" buttons by using the Cidi Labs DesignPLUS tools interface outlined here: Hidden Gems. I realize no everyone may have access to these tools, however. The tools are used for building course shells styling content without having to know enormous amounts of HTML (though it helps to know HTML).

I would just go to the HTML attributes and add a class to an element:

1. kl_hide_next  (to hide only the next button), or 
  2. kl_hide_previous (to hide only the previous button), or 
  3. kl_hide_next kl_hide_previous (to hide both), but it no longer works.

I am apparently not the only one having this problem, so I submitted a comment and included the HTML markup.

For those interested, if your institution does have the Cidi Labs DesignPLUS tools, you can view the conversation on Implementing Hidden Gems from the Cidi Labs Support Center here.

Sue

Wimpress
Community Member

Apparently, this is still a thing.  Why isn't there a way to say "this is the end of the module", so there's no next button shown???

JD_Morkel
Community Member

We have the same request, namely the ability to end a module and the ability to link it back to the home page. 

WarwickVonHagen
Community Member

@jerry_nguyen I have copied and pasted the JavaScript you provided and applied it to the theme of our Sub-Account within our CANVAS, I am unsure if I made an error as the Next Button is still visible at the end of the module.

The CSS works 100%, but the JavaScript is giving me the middle finger and not working with CANVAS. Any Suggestions?

jerry_nguyen
Community Contributor

@WarwickVonHagen 

I just updated the script above,it should work now.

WarwickVonHagen
Community Member

@jerry_nguyen It works 😄

Thank you so much