[Gradebook] Remove the grade sync error for scores that have being removed

This year we have been experiencing an error message for many instructors that may have mistakenly given the wrong student a grade and then remove it. When the instructors go to sync, they get a vague error message "This is caused by a score being entered for an assignment and then that score being removed. This error should not prevent other grades from processing normally and should resolve itself once a new score is entered in Canvas.", but it doesn't show which assignment or student this impacts so they can resolve the issue. If an instructor has done this with multiple assignments and teachers, this will require a support call to resolve.

Since having a blank score does not impact a grade sync, removing a grade should not as well. Please remove this error protocol or update it to contain more precise troubleshooting details.

5 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

lfrye1
Community Member

We are beginning to experience this same sync error do not have enough information to identify the issue.  Please advise on this error.

klange
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I even tried to put a grade in and resync and it comes up with the same message, which by the language presented in the error screen is some kind of syntax problem or it's missing some sort of connection update. Confusing.

How do I fix this? It's only happening for 3 of 165 students and I can't think of any other workarounds or troubleshooting tactics to get it to disappear.

michael_william
Community Participant

I can not say definitively, but I believe this is also happening to students that are enrolled in the course after assignment due dates.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme